Airplanes and Jets: The Rides of the Rich and Famous

10 Comments

Ever wondered how it is like living a life of famous people like Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford? Aside from the beautiful houses, the attention and the perks, a life of a certified VIP is not complete without a luxurious ride!

Here are some well-known people who gave the word “ride” a whole new meaning! On the list includes Jim Carey, Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie and Mark Cuban. We hope to get you inspired by knowing that some of our stars are also aviation enthusiasts like you!

tom_cruise

Tom Cruise – this successful actor owns luxurious airplanes like his $100,000 Aviat – Pitts S-2B, a $1.2 million Beech F90 and a $28 million-plus Gulfstream IV jet.

Harrison Ford – Another well-known aviation enthusiast, Harrison Ford owns eight planes several planes which include De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver , Cessna – 525 and Aviat – A-1B. Harrison Ford’s De Havilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver is a former US military model restored by Kenmore Air.

Paul Allen – Mr. Allen owns two customized Boeing 757s — one for personal use, and one for his sports teams (the Portland TrailBlazers and the Seattle Seahawks). Both are registered to Vulcan Aircraft Inc. He also owns a Dehavilland – DHC-6-300

angelina

Angelina Jolie – One of People Magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People.” Flies a Cessna 208B (N48JA) registered to Chivan Productions, Inc.

Mark Cuban – Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban bought his GV , purchased a new ultra-long range Gulfstream V via the Internet in 19999. The sale is the first new aircraft sold over the Internet by Gulfstream. With a retail price in excess of $40 million, it is the largest transaction ever conducted over the World Wide Web, securing a Guinness Record for “the largest single e-commerce transaction.” He takes advantage of his Gulfstream, licensed to “Radical Ventures LLC,” to catch away games.

Oprah Winfrey – Oprah’s ride is a $42 million custom-build Global Express XRS built by Bombardier Aerospace. Ms. Winfrey recently joined the likes of Steven Spielberg and Bill Gates as the proud new owner of a Bombardier Global Express XRS jet. She said that flying in a private jet is one of the great material perks that money can buy.

harrison-ford

Sergey Brin and Larry Page – Google co-founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page are customizing a Boeing 767-200 for private travel

John Travolta – Mr. Travolta acquired his customized Boeing 707 as part of a Qantas promotion; as an honorary pilot of the company, he personally flew the Australian soccer team to Germany for the 2006 World Cup. His 707 is registered under “Jett Clipper Johnny LLC.” He also owns a Grumman – G-1159 and a Beech – V35B

Jim Carrey – Owns a private jet aircraft, Gulfstream V, with tail number N162JC. Jim Carrey enjoys his private jet, but he also leases his Gulfstream V, which he purchased in 2001, for $8,000 an hour.

jonnyt3

Sources: www.toptentopten.com, www.celebrityaircraft.com,photos from Google

10 Comments (+add yours?)

1. not rich but honest
    Mar 17, 2012 @ 07:10:51

Good article, but sorry to say it only infuriates me because most (all?) of these people all are liberal hypocrites….we’re supposed to go without showers and without toilet paper and without washing/drying our clothes in machines (per various quotes from Hollywood stars) and drive Fred Flintstone mobiles, but they can use more C02 in a day than we “serfs” do in a lifetime!!!! Their use of airplanes is only one example.

BTW, Harrison Ford has stated he likes to fly to N. CA to get a cheeseburger!! From a 2010 article: “…He recently revealed in an interview the extent of his love for piloting, telling Britain’s Live magazine, “Learning to fly was a work of art. I’m so passionate about flying I often fly up the coast for a cheeseburger. Flying is like good music; it elevates the spirit and it’s an exhilarating freedom.” ” However, the hypocritical Mr. Ford recently made a video about getting his chest waxed to help fight deforestation, which he says causes global warming. How can that guy sleep at night, since he must have two warring parts of this brain?

2. Ridge Craft
    Jan 24, 2013 @ 15:08:19

Harrison Ford did not fly his jet to get a cheeseburger, he flew it to enjoy himself and then got hungry and had a cheeseburger as he was there and it was lunch. It’s not a case of Ford not wanting a fuel efficient jet its more that they don’t exist as of now.

3. av8rdav
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 11:40:54

Harrison Ford does not fly his jet. When he uses it it has professional pilots fly it. Most likely he used his Husky or Beaver. As for him being a hypocrite, all pilots need to fly to stay sharp.

4. billboy
    Feb 07, 2013 @ 23:06:46

Harrison Ford is cooler than you! Are just jealous, not rich but honest.

5. Jackson Broermann
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 16:51:05

A cheeseburger is a hamburger topped with cheese. Traditionally, the slice of cheese is placed on top of the meat patty, but the burger can include many variations in structure, ingredients, and composition. The term itself is a portmanteau of the words “cheese” and “hamburger.” The cheese is usually cubed, and then added to the cooking hamburger patty shortly before the patty is completely cooked which allows the cheese to melt. Cheeseburgers are often served with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mustard, mayonnaise, or ketchup.,

Look over our new web blog as well
    http://www.caramoan.co/caramoan-package

6. Alvaro Whitehorse
    May 21, 2013 @ 23:54:10

Travolta had a hit single entitled “Let Her In”, peaking at number ten on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in July 1976.In the next few years, he appeared in two of his most noted screen roles: Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever (1977) and as Danny Zuko in Grease (1978).^;”:

http://www.healthmedicinebook.com

Look at the most up-to-date write-up on our very own internet site

7. Widmarc Clark
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 01:57:17

Anyone who can afford to buy the things they like have the right to do it. It’s their
    business. lots of folks own airplanes, business’ own planes. If I had the money and
    the need for one, I’d buy one. I’d really like to own a beechcraft 18 two engine beauty
    made in the 40′s and 50′s.

Having the things that made us happy is a good thing. To all of you rich and or famous folk keep on buying all the things you enjoy. If I ever get some money ahead
    I’ll give some to charity, which I’m sure all of you with an extra buck or two have already done, and I’ll buy that Beechcraft 18 I’ve always wanted .

Widmarc Clark
    The Southern Legends Entertainment
    &
    Performing Arts Hall of Fame

8. Wayne
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 05:03:41

Harrison Ford flies a few different planes for fun. I saw him once and talked to him about his planes and his passion for flying. He does a lot to get young kids interested in aviation throughout the Young Eagles program. Flying is like riding a motorcycle–a way to get away from all the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Don’t knock it tip you try it. Riding on a corporate jet is totally different. He does not fly his jet to get a burger.

9. fast aircraft appraisal
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 01:47:21

Youu made some really good points there. I looked on the
    internet to learn more about thee issue and found most people
    will ggo along with your views on this website.

Leave a Reply